About Uproxx: Our expertise is in telling stories about people with fascinating stories that have universal appeal. Uproxx reaches a targeted 18-34-year-old audience of approximately 80 million viewers via our portfolio of websites, social media platforms, and third party distribution channels. Our commitment to creating authentic and genuine content is the foundation of our success, and casting and cultural insight is a fundamental part of the that process.
About Casting and Cultural Insight:
Deliver story research, talent options and cultural insights that inform and help to win high value advertising and custom content deals.
- Foster an atmosphere of team cohesiveness and collaboration where each person plays to their strengths and maintain a positive environment and effective workflow.
- Work closely with Studio & Creative teams to ensure their strategies are informed and inspired by high level cultural insights and that they are being given talent options that fulfill not only the brands requirements, but also live up to Uproxx’s internal standards.
- Keep an “external radar” by monitoring the cultural zeitgeist via trend watching services, trades, blogs, journalism, and active engagement in the field! You are our boots on the ground cultural pioneers.
Improve quality of video content, improve the turn around time of production, effect youth culture in a positive and meaningful way.
- Excellent research abilities (quick, timely, factual, culturally relevant).
- Excellent written and communication. (communication is more important than written. You will be asked to pitch talent options daily to an internal group).
- Expert at Uproxx content, and our competitors content (Vice, Complex, Buzzfeed. Should be up to date date on all published articles and videos).
- A growing network of contacts within your field.
- Actively read trades, publications forums in your field.
- Familiar with social networks and influencers within your field (ideally an active participant).
- Active participant in the communities of your particular interest. Actively finding new stories, as our boots on the ground.
- Ability to find needles in the haystacks and dig under the surface for talent yet to be discovered is key.
Job Description: Currently seeking experts in the fields below. In your response, please indicate which field you are interested in apply to: Music/Pop Culture/Art, Sports/Politics/Science, Social media and Influencers.
- We look for raw inspiring stories from people of all walks of life. We need to find needles in the haystacks and dig under the surface for talent yet to be discovered for Uproxx original programming, branded content series, and branded content one off pieces.
- Must be good at multitasking and researching multiple projects at once. Need to think creatively, critically and outside the box.
- Create one sheet breakdowns, which are brief descriptions of the physical attributes, skills, characteristics and story line points sought in talent to potentially be featured in Uproxx video content.
- Pitch and submit these one sheet breakdowns to the head or research and cultural insight. Participate in creative discussions, working with a group.
- Maintain tracking documents with detailed casting information.
- Schedule pre interviews. Depending on experience, associates might hold the pre interviews and personally decide whether talent is an appropriate fit. Although the decision of which talent to cast is ultimately up to creative directors and producers, casting and research associates often directly influence the decision of which individuals are cast.
- This is a long term part to full time position.